just the facts
Hi! My name is Molly. I am originally from Texas, recently graduated from Duke University (the home of Old School-inspired baby-oil wrestling, dangerous professors, and tent-filled pseudo-cities), and now live in the San Francisco Bay area where I work at Google. (This is my personal blog and the views expressed here are mine alone / not those of my employer.) I particularly enjoy — among other things — long runs, strange maps, and good conversation. This site is a collection of interesting things I have found and wanted to share with you. You can email me by writing to mollybierman [at] gmail [dot] com.
- ESTJ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Red-headedness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Only child myth - ABC News
- the internet
- colorful adverbs
- reality television
- public transportation
- arrested development
- krystal cheeseburgers
- triangular-shaped lists
- bob armstrong dip at mattito’s cafe mexicano in dallas
- serif fonts
- slow walkers
- microsoft outlook
- unnecessarily helpful (consequently unhelpful) retail salespeople
- the limbo
- chubby bunny
- falling asleep during movies
- temporarily misplacing my keys
- eschewing parallelism in this list
- my right knee can often predict if it is going to rain
A SHORT BIOGRAPHY OF MY LIFE (highlights only—work in progress)
- 2012 (Nov 18): ran yet another half marathon where I was passed (this time at mile 8) by a giant banana
- 2012 (June 27): a homeless man in the Mission district yelled at me from down the block to tell me that I was talking too loudly.
- 2010: was passed by a man in an oversized banana costume while running a half marathon (passed around mile 5)
- 2009: somehow graduated with a bachelor’s degree in engineering. A more lasting mark “I” (actually a friend did it, posing as me) left on the University is the fact that my last name is written in sharpie on the Snapple machine in the basement of Wannamaker dormitory (Wayne Manor side).
- 2008: Discovered Arrested Development
- 2005: my high school classmates and I voted for the theme song from “Growing Pains” (the “real version” of which actually has more than one verse, in case you were unaware) to be our class song at high school graduation
- 1995: Fly to Atlanta with my dad for Game 6 of the 1995 World Series against the Cleveland Indians. I have no tie to either team but was a creepily well-informed baseball fan at the time, especially for my demographic (8 year old female). Skipping 1.5 days of school for this trip was arguably my most rebellious moment to date.
- 1993: Attempt 2 as a pet owner. Overfed the goldfish; you can probably guess the rest of the story.
- 1992: Attempt 1 as a pet owner. Got a box turtle from the local Petco; we named him Slow Motion (Mo for short). Mo came with a little children’s book about owning box turtles — probably something like Box Turtles And You — that mentioned they may bite “if provoked.” Having no idea what provoked meant, I lived in constant fear he would bite at any moment, so I refused to hold him when it came time for my mother to clean his cage for the first time (instead opting simply to hover over him in the backyard). Less than 5 minutes into my hovering / my mother’s cage cleaning, “Slow Motion” decided to bolt across the yard and under the house. We never saw him again.
- 1987: came into this world on the morning of Tuesday, January 29 (that’s what I’ve been told, at least)
- I am a very picky eater.
- I have a phobia of styrofoam packaging, which stems from the insufferable squeaking noise it makes.